One of the perks of living in South Florida is never knowing what you are going to see. They are filming the movie “Rock of Ages” with Tom Cruise, Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin around Broward and Dade this month. I wanted to be an extra but they were holding sign-ups the weekend I was in Texas. So this is going to turn into a stalking mission, LOL! For those not familiar with the area, there are no mountains or hills in Florida, so I guess our landfill is the closest thing. How funny is that? I had to take a picture! I am hoping to see more footage.
Archive for May, 2011
I was going through my email tonight and came across this:
Aura Photos are here! Join us today and tomorrow as we welcome Nelson for Aura Photography.
These photos assist with reflecting upon where our energy is currently, so we can initiate where we want it to grow from here.
He is available Saturday and Sunday 11- 5, Walk-in Only.
We hope to see you this weekend!
DATE: Weekend of May 14th and 15th
TIME:12:00pm to 5:00pm
COST: $25.00 (Cash Only)
Let me tell you this aura reading is such a scam and I feel bad for those who believe that these readings are legitimate. A friend and I went to an aura reading several years ago at the same new age store and there was a huge line out the door, there had to be at least 50 people outside this little store, we stopped by and were like, what’s going on? People were coming out with underdeveloped polaroid photos in their hand. We asked the lady what the aura reading was all about and she said that they take a polaroid photo and then peel off the film and whatever color shows up is your aura…bizarre.
I can do that for free….lol….as you can see above it is cash only…hmmm! Maybe I am being too cynical:) If you are wondering we didn’t have our aura’s read….we didn’t want to wait in line. Although I have to admit I was curious!
Every time I’m telling secrets, I remember how it used to be and I realized how much I miss you and I realize how it feels to be free
Now I see I’m up to no good and I wanna start again; Can’t remember when I felt good, no I can’t remember when
No, only in my dreams As real as it may seem , It was only in my dreams — Only in My Dreams by Debbie Gibson
When I was in my early 20’s I used to have big dreams and goals for myself. I was hoping that I would be successfully working on my own, be in a great relationship and have a great support system of friends and family. Now I think I must have been totally delusional. In the last 10 years I have experienced career highs, career lows, personal successes, new friends, loss of old friends, great experiences, weird stuff, tragic losses etc. It is mind-blowing to experience life’s many twists or turns. My life isn’t exactly what I had hoped it would be, not that it is bad at all, but I do want more out of life. I am inspired to make some positive changes in my life and try and rid my negative attitude and some of my antisocial tendencies. Perhaps watching Dr. Phil has helped me realize that me being jealous of people, putting my self down and being afraid only affects me, LOL!!!
It is inspiring to see people follow their dreams, a friend’s sister recently packed up her belongings moved to another state and started a photography studio, another friend is selling her own artwork and another is starting up a company. Although the dreams and aspirations that I had in my early 20’s are not the same as I have now, I really don’t have any definite goals or dreams right now. I think circumstances just really did a mental number on me and made me not care about anything. In the last several months I have been making tiny steps to improve my life and discover myself again. If you are looking to regain your passions and dreams, please read the below article. Maybe it will help inspire you.
How to Achieve Your Biggest Dreams and Life Goals
By g christine
Most people go through life without going for what they really want, and end up settling for mediocrity (so true). While there’s nothing wrong with that, there are some who want more. If you want to get more out of life, and are willing to put in the effort to get it, you can succeed in achieving even your biggest dreams.
Think big. Sit down with a piece of paper and a pen, and really try to imagine what it is you’d like to achieve in your life. Write down how you’d like to see yourself living, what type of work you’d enjoy doing, what kinds of leisure activities and entertainment you’d be engaging in if money weren’t an obstacle.
Believe you have the power to make it happen. The people who make their dreams happen are the people who believe they can. Big achievers aren’t exceptionally intelligent, lucky, or gifted in any unusual way. The only difference is that they believe in their ability to get what they want, and then they take action to get it.
Make plans. Once you’ve figured out what it is you want, you need to make a road map to get there. Create goals, do any necessary research, make plans to learn the things necessary to make your dreams possible.
Finally, don’t let anything stop you. This is where determination, trial and error, and persistence come in. The only thing that can stop you from making your dreams happen is you.
“People seem to get nostalgic about a lot of things they weren’t so crazy about the first time around.# ~Author Unknown
- Music Mediums. I remember being so excited when I bought my Pontiac Sunfire and it came with a cassette player. I used to make mixed tapes and record my songs from the radio (I think I was a little behind the times) this was in 1998. Fast forward to 2000 and Napster was the main thing…I must have downloaded 1000 songs. Times change so quickly that now buying music CDs are now obsolete. It used to be so fun going to used CD stores and search for hours for hard to find music. I remember when I was in college and my friend and I went to CD Warehouse every couple of days during our class breaks. The sales clerk after a while remembered us and turned us on to Morrissey, Radiohead and Depeche.
- Used Bookstores. I went to B&N a couple of days ago and it made me think about All Books & Records in Fort Lauderdale. My friends and I would spend hours look through 1000’s of used books, music, vhs tapes. It was the coolest place, limited air conditioning, a funky smell and hidden treasures. It was great you could sell your books and cds to them for a store credit. I know I am a dork but that is just me.
- Carefree adventures. I miss the days of impromtu adventures with friends. Every weekend was something new. Anything from Orlando day trips to painting ceramics or taking boat rides in Miami and going to strange clubs and bars. Now, adventures a few and far between and they have to be planned far in advance.
- Education. Back in the day, I always took continuing education courses to keep my skills current and to meet new people. I was looking several months ago and now all classes are online only….errr! What happened to classroom instruction?
- Free Events. I spent many weekends attending free concerts at Gulfstream Park or at clubs. Now concerts are major $$$. Festivals, Art Shows etc….are no longer free!
My list could go on and on, don’t even get me started on my childhood nostalgia….Jem, NKOTB, Jelly Shoes, Slap Bracelets etc…